Fun evening

Friday, June 23, 2006

Fun evening

So last night, Kim and I decided to watch the movie 16 blocks. Not a bad flick, quite enjoyable for a night's viewing (some parts of it do borrow from the old Clint Eastwood flick "The Gauntlet"). With about 20 minutes to go Kim said she needed the bathroom, so I paused it and waited for her to come back. When she sat down I started it up again, about 3 minutes later I turned to say something to her and she wasn't there. I walked into the downstairs bathroom, and she was curled up in the fetal position, moaning about a sharp pain in her left side, and the fact that she's having trouble breathing. I called our HMO, and was of course put on hold due to the usual 'unusual volume of calls', so with Kim saying the pain was getting worse, I called 911. The ambulance arrived and took her to the hospital.

Long story short, we all got home in the early hours (between 4 & 5) with Kim having passed the kidney stones that she'd been diagnosed with having. As it stands now, she is exhausted and has associated pain, but nothing like she had last night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home