No resolutions here

Monday, January 01, 2007

No resolutions here

I don't really believe in new years resolutions, which is why I started the whole weight loss thing back in December, if I'd waited until now it would have probably been the same as for everyone else, lip service for a few days then forget about it. Therefore I'm not bothering with any resolutions this year.

This doesn't mean that I don't have any goals for this year, in fact I do have two rather larger BHAGs for this year (Big Hairy Audacious Goals as defined by Jim Collins in his 1992 book Built to Last, or Big Hairy Ass Goals as defined by Craig Adams of AMP in 1997 (my former manager)). One of these is a professional goal, that I'm going to try to accomplish in April, failing that in August, the other is a personal goal that I'll be attempting to accomplish in October, but I'll know by May whether or not it's a realistic possibility... What are they? Well, you may well ask, but I'm not going to tell. Rather like a birthday wish only works if you don't tell, I'm going to let you know if and when I accomplish my goals. There are other, more realistic goals that I have, but these 2 are the real 'leap out of a plane' ones that I'm going to do my very best to do, and if I don't make it on one or both, I want to at least know that I tried, and that's my promise to myself.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home