Getting Fit (or dying trying)

Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Getting Fit (or dying trying)

So, when I returned from Chicago I decided that it was time to turn over a new leaf. I signed up for the over 30's football (sawker) league, kicking off in April, and started my get fit regimen. I now get up 40 minutes earlier than usual, and take the dog for a 30 minute walk. I no longer eat breakfast at home, but do so at work, replacing the milk in my cereal with soy milk. I've cut back on my caloric intake throughout the day, removing bread and cheese (2 of my main problems) from my diet. Then on a night, I take Kelli for another 30 minute walk. The results so far after almost 2 weeks? I've lost 11lbs (down to a weight I haven't seen for 9 years), I feel healthier, and I feel better with myself. I don't aim to lose too much more weight, maybe another 10lbs or so, but I am going to be concentrating on building up my stamina; I want to be able to play a full game and not collapse after 10 minutes in April.

I'll probably not post too much more about this (except probably for when I hit my next milestone - down a stone (14lbs)), but I thought I'd say why I've not been posting much, I've been out getting fresh air and exercise, and staying away from the pc and the tv. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home