Terror at Target

Friday, November 24, 2006

Terror at Target

Following on from my previous post, I headed out of the house at 4.30 am, and headed to the local Walmart. Upon arriving there at 4.50, I noticed that the line was slightly longer than I'd anticipated... it was easily over 300 people. So I got right back in the car and headed to Target, knowing that I had an hour until they opened. Arriving about 10 minutes later, I was probably 50th in line. As time went by, people started leaving the line and going into the mall, some stores were already open inside, so we figured they were going there first, then coming back for Target. Well we noticed that they were instead forming another line at the mall entrance to Target, in the hope of getting a jump on the rest of us. Thankfully the Target staff realized this and didn't open that door until we were all in. Unfortunately this meant that these people instead pushed their way out of the mall back into our line (which wasn't as bad as those other people who showed up as the doors opened ad just walked in past everyone in the line...).

The throng of people pushing and shoving to get carts was too much, so I decided that I didn't need one and headed off to the toy section to get the Easy Bake Oven. Obviously Target had realizes that there would be a cart problem, as when I ran down the aisle, there were carts lined up, I grabbed one and kept going. There were plenty of the ovens left, as the other people were going for strange items like TV's and DVD players. I headed off to the bicycle area, to find that there were only 2 of the Barbie bikes in the store, I took that number down to 1, leaving the store with my purchases.

I still needed the SD card for my Palm T|X, so I headed off to Staples... WOW... more people there than were waiting outside Walmart, the same went for Circuit City, with both places being out of the SD cards. I had one more place to check, the slightly older Walmart on the way home. I went in and looked, they were nowhere to be seen. I bumped into a woman who was looking for the exact same thing, while I continued to look around the aisles, she went to ask a member of staff. Turning around I saw her waving frantically at me. They had placed the 1GB SD cards behind the counter and had plenty of them left at $13.87 each. I quickly picked up 2, 1 for the Palm, and one for the Camera, and left for home.

Next year, I'm having a lie in, although should I be in the market for a new plasma TV at $500 off for the first 5 people, I might, just might, spend the night wrapped up in a blanket sitting outside a store waiting...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home