I have some good news... I switched to Geico

Monday, November 13, 2006

I have some good news... I switched to Geico

So I got my re-up notice from my insurance company - Travelers - and the premium had jumped quite a bit. So, given the commercials I thought I'd have a gander at the websites of a couple of agencies that have been really pushing themselves.

First stop - Progressive Insurance - the company that says that they provide quotes from all of their competitors so that you can compare the quotes, and pick the best for you. Their quote was at about 66% that of the new quote from my current company. Taking a look at the quotes they provided, they were the best.

Second stop - Geico - despite Progressive saying that the Geico quote was higher than theirs, I wanted to just try and see if it really was. Well, after running through their system it came out at 50% of the new quote, so I went ahead and signed up with the company that has a British Gecko as their spokesanimal.

So what's the lesson? Well, my current company obviously feels that I'm most likely not going to go through the hassle of researching quotes, and signing up for new policy with someone else. Progressive has a great idea, but when compared to the actual source it doesn't stand up (unlike a site like Expedia that does match directly to the source). And Geico? Well, it's so easy even a caveman could do it...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home