3 $50 Veggie Burgers please

Thursday, December 22, 2005

3 $50 Veggie Burgers please

On Tuesday night I decided to take my daughter out to the local BK for a treat (she likes the playground there). We got there and I ordered 3 Veggie burgers and a furby toy. The bill came to $15.66. I signed the credit card slip, ate my food, watched her play, and left.

I went to bed ~10pm, at 11.30 the phone rang, fearing the worst I leapt out of bed and grabbed it. It was the BK manager, her till didn't balance, and the reason was that I'd been charged $156.69 for my meal. The long and the short of it was that I went back last night, and got the $156.69 refunded, got the correct $15.66 charge put on, and the manager gave my daughter another Furby for free, so in the end it all worked out for the best. :)




2 Comments:

At 12/23/2005 7:58 AM, Blogger Ben Simon said...

So, let me get this straight -- they overcharged you 10x, called you at 10:00pm, and had you go back into the store. And they still charged you for your meal?

That's insane.

 
At 12/23/2005 8:08 AM, Blogger Simon Heseltine said...

yep...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home