Something fishy

Saturday, March 25, 2006

Something fishy

This afternoon, Gwyneth and I were scooping leaves out of the pond when we noticed something orange down by the pump. Thinking it was a can I stuck my hand in and tried to pull it, realising right away thtat it was a dead fish. I tried to get it out, but it was stuck way down there, so I left it figuring that I'd come back later. A couple of hours later Kim got home and I showed her the dead fish, we realised that it wasn't floating because it was stuck in the inlet part of the pump, so we turned it off, and the fish floated to the top. After a few seconds it started moving its fins and moving its mouth.
It's now a few hours later and it's still swimming on it's side, but it's looking a lot better and no longer anywhere near the top of the pond. This particular fish is one of four that we've had for at least 5 years, so we've got some attachment to it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home