Freakonomics

Monday, March 13, 2006

Freakonomics

I recently saw this book at the airport when I was on my way to Albany, and decided that it'd be something interesting to read. I'd heard the uproar over the book back last year, but hadn't really been moved to purchase it then. I have to say that I found the book interesting, but it seemed a bit thin to me, there were a few interesting studies such as why drug dealers live with their mothers, and why and when Sumo wrestlers cheat. The main meat of the book was dedicated to his idea that the reason that the crime rate has fallen is due to the legalisation of abortion in the US in the 1970's. It's interesting reading a book about economics from a different perspective, but I really wish that it'd had at least a couple more chapters.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home