Monterey California

Friday, August 24, 2007

Monterey California

The conference I was at all week ended today. I had a lot of fun, met some old friends, and plenty of new friends. It was a great opportunity to meet some of the people whose blogs I read and comment on. So what did I do when it was over? Go to the airport and wait 7 hours for a flight to take me to one airport where I'd wait for another flight to take me through the night? No, instead I went to the airport, rented a car and headed south.

My first stop , the beach town of Monterey California. For the first time in my life I saw the pacific ocean (San Francisco is in a bay, so that doesn't count).


Checking into my hotel I notices that the establishment next door was an adult book store and theater... thanks Expedia... Well at least the room was clean...


I went for a brief walk along the beach, where the wind convinced me that the idea of sitting on the beach in the morning may be replaced by a trip to the aquarium instead. Anyway, I took a walk around downtown, and one of the first stores I walked past should make Bryn and Susan happy. :)

Unfortunately they were closed, but I'll check them out in the morning. Continuing along I came across 2 British pubs. I decided to go into the one with the football shirts and scarves all over the walls... aahhhhh they had dry cider. :)


Next it was off to the Monterey Live internet cafe / bar, where I'm typing this right now. there's a fairly decent easy listnening band off to the side, and I'm on my 6th cup of earl grey, so I'm quite happy. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home