Day one in San Jose

Sunday, August 19, 2007

Day one in San Jose

This morning I woke up at 3am EDT, and headed out on a trip to San Jose California, stopping briefly in Denver, CO to change planes. My friend Dr. Kim Rapp, picked me up at the airport, and took me back to her house on the campus of Stanford University. Along the way we stopped off at the Google campus in Mountain View, to see such sights as this guy...

Here's a pic of me with Kim's daughter and hellhound dog Ellie
Later, Kim & I went out for a nice Indian meal at the Saravanaa Bhavan restaurant in Sunnyvale, followed by a play: "Oda Oak Oracle" - "a legend of black peoples, told of gods and god, of hope and love, and of fears and sacrifice", at Stanford University. The play was decent, it dragged a bit in places, most notably at the end, but it was at least entertainment.

Tomorrow, Kim is taking me to San Francisco to ride a trolley car, and see the Golden Gate bridge, before depositing me back in San Jose for the conference I came to town for.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home