A busted knee, a forearm to the head and a missed open goal

Sunday, April 01, 2007

A busted knee, a forearm to the head and a missed open goal

Today I attended the Fairfax county pick up soccer game, organized through meetup.com. It was the first one that I'd attended, and was held at a school ~30 minutes from home. The game started off ok, but as it went on my knee started to hurt, and after I was in a tackle where my ankle went in a different way to the rest of my leg it got worse. I stayed on the pitch, collecting a forearm smash to the head from my goalie when we both went up for the ball along the way. Eventually the other team figured out that they didn't need to mark the gimp, so the left me alone, which meant that at one point I was all alone in the penalty box, when the Carlos Valderama lookalike crossed in beautifully for me at the far post, naturally I shanked it wide. Ah well, there's always next time, although maybe my doctor will say that there isn't for a while after he takes a look at my knee...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home