I miss the metro

Monday, June 05, 2006

I miss the metro

It's been almost 7 years since I stopped commuting to work on the metro (changed assignments, then jobs), but I'm finding that I really do miss the time on the metro. Yes, it was usually crowded, usually noisy, etc, but at least it gave me a good 1/2 hour of reading each way every day (I've moved on from those 1/2 hour card games on the train back from Hyde 6th Form College. Bryn) ;). These days I have trouble finding the time to keep up on my reading, or even finding the time to do some recreational reading... ah well c'est la vie.

2 Comments:

At 6/06/2006 8:57 AM, Blogger Ben Simon said...

Between books on tape and podcasts there's no reason not to turn your commute into both entertainment and education time.

The best part: between the library and places like ITConversations there's a huge amount of free and high quality content.

 
At 6/06/2006 9:12 AM, Blogger Simon Heseltine said...

Ah, but I do listen to podcasts pretty much on every commute, the problem is there are some books that I want to get to, but don't have the time to do so.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home